Our Buffalo Plaid Martingale Collar is just like your old red flannel shirt. This red & black checked design is back in vogue, and a must have for any grey, white or black coated dog. A Martingale Dog Collar is a good collar for rescue dogs, sighthounds, dogs with narrow heads or for basic leash training.
This martingale is available in neck sizes from 7” (x-small) to 24” (x-large). If you are unsure of what size martingale collar you need, watch Our Martingale Collar Sizing Video at right for fitting your dog in our martingale collars. Martingale dog collars are the best dog collar for dogs that slip out of regular dog collars, and will keep your dog safe on leash. They are also a great training collar, and are preferred by most dog trainers. For more information about martingale collars and their use, read our blog article What is a Martingale Collar?
This martingale dog collar features:
- Buffalo plaid in red & black, and looks good on all neutral coat colors.
- A washable, colorfast fabric sewn onto durable, colorfast nylon webbing
- Rust-proof, lead-free nickel-plated hardware for long lasting wear
- A slip on design (slips over head, adjusts down to fit)
- Easy care: machine wash warm, delicate cycle, flat dry
- Detailed stitching and construction, made in the USA by The Artful Canine
- A 1-year (limited) durability guarantee
Options available in this martingale design:
- 5' long leashes in matching widths. Custom lengths & widths available on our Custom Leash Page
- Customize this martingale in your choice of width on our Custom Slip-on Martingale product page
- Customize this martingale with a chain loop on our Custom Half-check Martingale product page
- Customize this martingale with a buckle on our Custom Buckle Martingale collar product page
Watch how to measure and fit your dog for an Artful Canine slip on martingale dog collar in our latest instructional video. All you need is a measuring tape or string, and your dog!
Measuring & Fi...Watch how to measure and fit your dog for an Artful Canine sli...
Posted by Unknown on Jun 19th 2017
No complaints, really nice quality!
Posted by Patrick Davis on Jan 3rd 2017
The day after Rosie put on he new collar, the red/black fabric snagged and distorted the pattern. It's still functional, just looks a bit wonky.
The Artful Canine Responded: So sorry the collar's fabric got snagged. While our outer fabrics hold up to occasional scratching, they don't do well if your dog scratches frequently and has long or jagged nails (Wish we could though - we would be rich if we could make that happen!) We would be happy to exchange the collar for a solid nylon one - much better for dogs that are a bit tough on their collars.