- Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Shop by Category
SHIPPING OPTIONS & ORDER TRACKING
We use USPS shopping and offer the following methods for domestic and International shipping at checkout.
Please note that orders are not shipped on USPS designated holidays.
Domestic (US) Shipping Options
- USPS Standard Shipping (1st Class, 2 - 6 day delivery). At a flat rate $3.99 per order, arrives within 2 - 6 business days in the continental US. This is the method used for our Free Shipping offers. See map below for approximate transit times.
- USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day delivery). At a flat rate of $6.99, this method delivers within 2 - 3 business days in the continental US. These orders are trackable, and when shipped, a tracking email will be provided.
- USPS Express Mail Shipping (Overnight). A flat rate of $20.99, this is our overnight shipping which arrives the next day (weekends and holidays excluded). These orders are trackable, and when shipped, a tracking email will be provided. Note: Some locations cannot be delivered overnight - usually more rural areas that are not located close to a USPS sort facility. Please use the USPS Rate Calculator (select Priority Mail Express) to see if your order can be delivered overnight.
International Shipping Options:
- First Class International Shipping. Starting at $7.99, rates depend on the country being shipped. We do not offer free International shipping at this time. Delivery ranges from 7 -14 days, depending on your country. USPS 1st Class International shipments are not trackable, therefore, delivery cannot be guaranteed nor refunded for non-reciept.
- International Priority Mail: Ranges from $15.99 to $29.99, depending on the country being shipped to. It arrives within 7 days. This shipping method is trackable, and when shipped, a tracking email will be provided.
RETURN & EXCHANGE POLICY
Just need a different size? We try to make exchanges easy with these two options:
- If you want it fast, purchase the size you want in a new order, and return what you have for a refund. Make a note on your return that you purchased a different size on a new order, and we will also refund your shipping change (so that you are not paying twice for shipping). So long as the price of the item being exchanged is within $2, you will not be changed.
- If you aren't in a hurry, return your item with a note on what you need. As noted above, you will not be charged for the exchange.
Please note that some items cannot be returned for exchange, as noted in the "Refunds" section below.
We are confident that any of the products you purchase from The Artful Canine will meet you and your canine companion's expectations. However if you do find it necessary to return an item, please note the following:
- Merchandise must in unused and unsoiled condition. with exception to custom or made-to-order items, can be exchanged or returned for any reason up to 30 days after receipt. Sorry,
- Custom ordered or made-to-order products cannot be returned and are non-refundable.
- Defective merchandise that does not stand up to our 1 year guarantee (see below for details) may be returned for a replacement or refund.
- Orders purchased using our free shipping offer will be charged a $3.99 restocking fee when returning the order (in full) for a refund.
- Shipping costs associated with returning items for are not refundable.
- Please mail all return/exchanges with a copy of your packing slip, or a note with return/exchange instructions and your order number to:
The Artful Canine - RETURNS
752 Commerce Drive, Suite 11
Venice, FL 34292
Order cancellations, if requested prior to an order being shipped, are accepted. There is a $1.50 charge for each order cancelled.
MERCHANDISE AVAILABILITY & ORDER PROCESSING
All of our products are made by us here in our Florida facility and are available for immediate shipment with exception to custom orders and select harnesses, which are made to order.
- In-stock* orders received by 11:59PM (EST) MON - FRI are shipped the next business day. Note that orders are not shipped on USPS designated holidays.
- Custom orders received by 6PM (EST) are put into production the next business day and require 2 - 5 business days for processing.
*There are occasions when our in-stock merchandise may sell out during your shopping experience. When this occurs, we will advise you (within 24 hours) of product availability, estimated ship date and order options.
1-YEAR GUARANTEE OR WE'LL REPLACE IT FOR FREE!*
We’ve tested our collar & leash products with puppies, small dogs, and big dogs for everyday use, outdoors and indoors. We also run each new collar design through several washes to ensure that our fabrics hold up to everyday wash and wear. With exception to fabric wear* we expect our collars to last a year on the average dog. If you find that this does not hold true, we welcome you to return your purchase and we’ll replace your dog’s collar for free!*
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY OUR GUARANTEE
Our collars and harnesses are intended for use indoors unleashed, or outdoors on leash for dogs only. For harnesses and martingales, we advise that they be used on leash only, as dogs can get caught easily in brush and branches when unsupervised. This not only can cause damage to our product, it can put your dog's safety at risk. Any other use of these products is the sole responsibility of the buyer.
Our guarantee does not apply to charms, chewing, or premature wear and tear of fabric finish associated with scratching, biting, or rubbing against items that will cause premature wear. We cannot guarantee the fabric or nylon from fraying or fading if they are not washed using our recommended care instructions. Charms should not be washed and are not eligible for replacement guarantee. Replacement collars will be of the same or comparable style/size as originally purchased.
Premature fabric/nylon wear due to the friction of excessive pulling on the loop of our martingale collar may, over time, begin to fray at the edges. This is normal, and typically occurs with large, strong dogs that pull non-stop when on leash, and create and continuous friction from the steel loop rings. While we guarantee that the loop, nor collar, will break from this stress, you will find that the nylon/fabric will wear from this friction over time. For this type of dog, we strongly urge shoppers to purchase a martingale with a metal loop, which is designed for such use. Our "half-check" martingale, which is designed for more vigorous wear, is perfect for this, and will easily last more than a year.