Production Associate, Part-time
Shop by Category
We have an opening someone with an eye for detail and a perfectionist about their work. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a reliable part-time position with the potential to go full time. We offer some flexibility in work hours/schedule, and offer paid holidays and vacation, bonuses and other benefits. 20 - 25 hours per week.
The production associate performs a variety of tasks associated with the creation and finishing of our products. Tasks vary based on production demands. The production associate performs a variety of tasks, including, but not limited to:
- Operate sewing machine for decorative topstitching of fabrics.
- Prepare products to be sewn by measuring, cutting, grouping and placing materials at designated work stations
- Perform clean up on finished products by cutting loose threads
- Smooth rough edges on product seams with hot knife
- Make adjustments to products to for easy fit into product packaging
- Sort, tag and package finished products
- Document completed work on appropriate worksheets for productivity tracking and bonus eligibility
- Put away packaged products
- Refill/restock materials needed for workstations
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned
- Have an artistic eye with technical precision for alignment and centering items.
- Perfectionistic tendencies - yes, a little OCD is OK here.
- Must have sewing machine operating experience. Industrial sewing preferred. You will be required to demonstrate if called for interview.
- Possess excellent vision and pass company test
- Demonstrate ability to work in an organized manner
- Must have speed/accuracy skills to meet weekly quotas
- Flexible work schedule 3 or 4 days per week, 4 - 5 hour shifts
- Pay will depend on experience and skills.
- 60 day, 6 month and annual performance reviews for salary increases.
- Quarterly/Annual Production bonuses (based on performance).
- Paid holidays and earned vacation
We are currently located in Venice, but will be moving to Sarasota next month.