Job Description, Collar Crafter, Assembly (Part-Time, Seasonal, Contract)
Shop by Category
Collar Crafter, Assembly
Conducts the final stage of assembly on all Artful Canine brand products. Produces finished products that reflect the quality and craftsmanship The Artful Canine has become known for. Assembles work in a timely manner, takes pride in work produced, and enjoys sharing ideas & experiences that foster the companies growth.
- Prepares work to be assembled according to production ticket.
- Prepares machine by changing thread and bobbin.
- Inspects materials for flaws prior to joining pieces.
- Sews materials together by guiding material under machine needle following documented standards for assembly.
- Trims threads from finished pieces.
- Inspects finished pieces.
- Replenishes hardware, bobbins, labels etc. at end of shift.
- Documents completed work on worksheet provided. Submits with completed work.
- Meets, or exceeds, daily production quota.
- Possesses eye for detail. Excellent perception for matching & lining up small items. Able to guide material and line up edges to form clean, even assembly.
- Possesses good material handling techniques.
- Possesses problem–solving skills, developing material handling and sewing techniques to accommodate changes in fabric weight and response.
- Understands sewing machine operation and can troubleshoot basic machine problems, (thread feed, bobbin issues, etc.).
- Self-motivated with ability to stay focused on repetitive tasks.
- Must have experience in one of the following: small parts assembly; handcrafting small items, or industrial sewing machine operation experience.
- Must pass The Artful Canine Skill Assessment.
- Must be able to sit at machine for 4 hour shift with one break in between.
- Must be fluent in English and possess solid verbal and written communication skills
Salary & Benefits
- Pay for performance, piecework. Range $11 - $20 per hour, depending on speed, accuracy & skill.
- Company Bonus (performance-based)
- Flexible schedule: Choose your day/shift. Maximum hours per shift: 4.
- No Sundays or Holidays. Saturdays optional.